Atlanta Hawks at Los Angeles Lakers
6:30 PM Pacific time / 9:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: None
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -5.5
Los Angeles Lakers: 29-30, 9th in the Western Conference
Atlanta Hawks: 33-24, 4th in the Eastern Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Teams have not met this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers have a chance tonight to reach the .500 mark for the first time since December 28th when they were 15-15. The Lakers have won 4 of their last 5 games and are just 2 back on the lost side for the 8th and final playoff spot which is currently held by the Houston Rockets.
- The Atlanta Hawks will play in their 5th game of their current 6 game road trip. The Hawks are 3 and 1 on their current trip, including an impressive win at Utah; however, they are coming off of a loss to the Phoenix Suns on Friday night.
- Al Horford has been coming in late in the season. Horford averaged 21.5 points per game, 11.3 rebounds per game and shot a highly efficient 61% from the field in the month of February. On the Hawks current road trip, Horford has had some magnificent performances. Horford scored 23 points and 22 rebounds in a win at Detroit on Monday and then followed that up on Wednesday night with 34 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks in a win at Utah.
- Kobe Bryant has been especially hot in the last 4 games, averaging 35 points and shooting 59.5% from the field; the Lakers are 3-1 in that same 4 game stretch.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”