Minnesota Timberwolves at Los Angeles Lakers
7:30 PM Pacific time / 10:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: TNT
Line: Los Angeles Lakers -10
Los Angeles Lakers: 28-30, 9th in the Western Conference
Minnesota Timberwolves: 20-34, 12th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers are 1-0 over the Wolves this season.
- The Los Angeles Lakers are inching closer to catching the Houston Rockets for the 8th and final playoff spot. The Lakers are currently 2 and 1/2 games back of Houston, but only 2 back on the loss side. The Lakers were helped by both of the teams they are chasing at the bottom of the playoff picture losing Wednesday night. The 7th seeded Utah Jazz lost to the Atlanta Hawks, 102-91, and the Houston Rockets loss to the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-107, Wednesday night.
- The Lakers won easily in their last match up against the Minnesota Timberwolves on February 1st, 111-100. In that game, the Lakers were without Dwight Howard due to him sitting out with a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Pau Gasol started at center and scored 22 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and had 3 blocks in the win over the Wolves. The Wolves were without their star Kevin Love and had no stand out performances in the game.
- The Lakers have won 11 of their last 16 games and 3 of their last 4.
- The Lakers have won 20 straight games against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The last Wolves win against the Lakers came on March 6th, 2007, when Kevin Garnett still sported a Wolves jersey. Kobe Bryant scored 40 points in the double overtime loss to the Wolves. The Wolves were led by Ricky Davis who scored 33 points and nearly achieved a triple double with 10 rebounds and 8 assists in the game. Kevin Garnett added 26 points and 17 rebounds in their 117-107 win.
- Kevin Love, Chase Budinger and Brandon Roy of the Wolves are all out with injuries for today’s game.
- Pau Gasol is still out for the Lakers but is reported to making progress with his foot injury.
- Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”