Los Angeles Lakers at Dallas Mavericks
10 AM Pacific time / 1 PM Eastern Time
American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
TV: Local: ABC National: ABC
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +3
Los Angeles Lakers: 27-29, 9th in the Western Conference
Dallas Mavericks: 25-29, 10th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Series tied 1-1
- The Los Angeles Lakers are coming in on a small 2 game winning and find themselves just 3 games behind the 8th and final playoff spot after the Houston Rockets lost to the Washington Wizards last night. The Lakers are 7-3 in the month of February, their best winning percentage for a month this season.
- The Dallas Mavericks are right behind the Lakers in race for the last spot in the Western Conference playoffs. The Mavs are in the 10th spot, 4 games behind the 8th place Houston Rockets. The Mavs have won 3 games in a row and 5 of their last 6 games.
- Dwight Howard is beginning round back into form; since returning from the All Star Break, Dwight is averaging 21.5 points and 14 rebounds per game.
- Despite the Lakers being 3 games behind the 8th and final playoff spot with just 26 games remaining in the season, Kobe Bryant expressed his utmost confidence in the Lakers making the playoffs this season by guaranteeing it earlier in the week.
- Kobe scored 40 points in Friday’s win against the Portland Trailblazers. This was Kobe first game with 30 or more points since the January 15th game against the Milwaukee Bucks when he scored 31 points. Furthermore, it was the first time he scored 40 or more points in a game since the day after Christmas, when he scored 40 in a loss at the Denver Nuggets. This was Kobe’s 117th 40 point game in his career.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”