Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers
12:30 PM Pacific time / 3:30 PM Eastern Time
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Local: ABC National: ABC
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +3
Los Angeles Lakers: 18-25, 10th in the Western Conference
Oklahoma City Thunder: 30-14, 1st in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Oklahoma City Thunder 2-0 vs. Lakers this season
- Los Angeles Lakers’ are coming off a 102-84 wire to wire victory over the Utah Jazz on Friday Night. The Lakers were able to sustain their energy throughout the game and keep the Jazz at bay. Kobe Bryant went into his facilitator mode and ended the night with 14 assists, 1 shy of his career high. It was pretty easy for Kobe to pile up assist as the Lakers were hot from field, especially Metta World Peace who ended the night 17 points and knocked down a game high 5 three pointers.
- The Lakers lost their last match up vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on January 11th, 116-101. The Thunder two super stars, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, dominated the Lakers, scoring 42 and 27 respectively. Kobe Bryant led the Lakers in scoring with 28 points. Dwight Howard missed the last match up vs. the Thunder.
- The Thunder come in on a roll, winning 10 of their last 13.
- Kevin Durant, as he has against much of the league, has killed the Lakers this season. Durant is averaging 39 and shooting 59 % from the field in the two games against the Lakers.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”