Los Angeles Lakers at Memphis Grizzlies
5:00 PM Pacific time / 8:00 PM Eastern Time
FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +4
Los Angeles Lakers: 17-24, 12th in the Western Conference
Memphis Grizzlies: 26-14, 4th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Grizzlies 1-0 vs. the Lakers this season.
- Dissension, confusion, frustration are all good words to describe whats going on in the Lakers locker room after a 17-24 start to the first half of the season. The Lakers find themselves losers of their last 3 games, 6 straight on the road and 9 of their last 11 games. Lakers are currently 4 games behind Houston for the final playoff spot.
- The Lakers lost to the Memphis Grizzlies, 106-98, in their last and only match up this season up in Memphis. In that game, Kobe led the the team in scoring with 30 points and both Metta World Peace and Antawn Jamison chipped in with 16 points. Memphis held Lakers big men, Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, to 13 points combined.
- All of the 5 Memphis starters scored in double figures in their win vs. the Lakers on November 23rd, led by Rudy Gay with 21 points. The Grizzlies shot 50.7% from the field.
- Kobe Bryant has had 3 straight poor shooting games; he is a combined 25 for 79 from the field in the last 3 games which equates to a very dismal 31.6% from the field.
- After complaining to reporters about getting just 5 shots following the Chicago game, Dwight Howard has done a 180 and apologized for his behavior, promising a more mature demeanor and rededication to his effort on the defensive end, it was reported by the LA Times today.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”