Los Angeles Lakers at Denver Nuggets
6:00 PM Pacific time / 9:00 PM Eastern Time
Pepsi Center in Denver, CO
TV: Local: TWC Sportsnet, TWC Deportes National: NBA League Pass
Line: Los Angeles Lakers +4
Los Angeles Lakers: 14-14, 11th in the Western Conference
Denver Nuggets: 15-14, 8th in the Western Conference
Record vs. each other (2012-13 season): Lakers 1-0 vs. Denver this season.
- Lakers have won 5 in a row and reached the .500 mark for the 1st time since they were 8-8 back on November 30th.
- Lakers can jump ahead of the Denver Nuggets in Western Conference with a win. The Lakers are currently in the 11th spot in the West, just a 1/2 game behind the 8th placed Denver Nuggets. There is a log jam at the 7th through 11th position where only 1/2 a game seperates 5 teams.
- Kobe Bryant has scored 30 or more points in 9 straight games. Its the longest streak since he had 2 seperate 6 game streaks of 30 points or more in the 2009-2010 season.
- In the 2005-2006 season, Kobe had a similar 9 game stretch of scoring 30 or more that was ended only by the end of the regular season schedule. Kobe also had a string of 8 straight games of 30 or more points earlier that same season, one of the games in that string was his career high total of 81 points against Toronto.
- Kobe Bryant’s career high of 16 straight games of scoring 30 or more was accomplished in 2003.
- Some other recent impressive Kobe scoring stretches was in the 2006-2007 season where he scored at least 50 points in 4 straight games and 5 out of 7. In that stretch he had games of 60 and 65 points.
– Fern Rea “@fullcourtfern”